Monday, October 12, 2009

Google Tour

He is the link to my classes virtual google tour:
Dances Around the World
I made brief comments on Heidi, Kindy, and Heather's virtual tours. I thought it was very interesting to see how this activity can be useful for so many different activities and subject areas. This is a beneficial technology skill to have because it is a great way to get students interested and active in their learning. Using a virtual tour in an elementary classroom is also a good things because it allows students to gain more experience with technology and multi-cultural activities. Some of the downsides to using a google earth tour is that there might not be enough computers for all the students to participate in the activity, and it would be quite difficult to follow the map and activities just by looking at it. This type of activity also makes it hard to see the world as a big picture. Depending on how close or far out you are from the specific place you are looking at, it's sometimes difficult to compare where you are in relation to the United States. I liked being able to see exactly what the specific places looked like, but it was confusing to make connections geographically with where we are in the US.

3 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job with your tour. I love the subject that you chose to do it on. I think it is great to introduce students to different cultures by the dances they perform. I did have difficulty finding the activities for each of the different places, but I could have been doing something wrong. I really loved the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney! I loved it. I loved the Philippino dance activity. Your students will love it. I didn't see anything but pcitures on the other locations but it might have been a glich in teh computer. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney! So much fun! I loved the pictures, and what a neat idea! I loved getting to see the variety of dance throughout the world! Great job!!! I absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete