Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Technology Experience

Technology has never been a strong point for me. I grew up taking a computer class maybe once a week in elementary school, but a majority of that time was spent simply learning how to type correctly. We always played a typing game called Maves Beacon. My family had a computer and i frequently watched my two older sisters play the sims or other fun games, but I always thought they were too confusing so I generally avoided the computer. I then took a computer class in high school that really helped me. I remember it being quite basic, just learning more in depth about researching on the internet, and working with different programs in Microsoft Office such as word, powerpoint, and excel. This helped me feel much more comfortable using computers, but I still feel very inadequate and know that I have a lot to learn. I have had many assignments/projects in college that have forced me to learn more about the technology world, but it was always a struggle. I was just lucky to have a roommate that was great with technology. I realize technology plays a crucial role in education and society today, so I hope as a teacher, I can become literate enough to help my students succeed and keep up with our growing and developing technologially-based society.

No comments:

Post a Comment